I have provided the following legal services to my clients since 1974:
- Served as a trustee or co-trustee to manage and administer family trusts and oversee investments.
- Advised clients about the use of trusts in estate planning and Medicaid planning.
- Represented clients in probate and trust litigation.
- Settled probate estates.
- Established guardianships.
- Represented clients in court as a result of family disputes over money, guardianships, wills and trusts.
Created estate plans that included the following legal documents:
- special needs trust
- spendthrift trust
- by-pass trust
- revocable (inter-vivos) living trust
- irrevocable (inter-vivos) living trust
- testamentary trust
- family real estate trust
- life insurance trust
- Durable power of attorney with HIPPA provisions
- Health care proxy
- Pre-need guardianship
- Living will
From 2000 to 2007 I was a Vice President at Bank of America, Boston, MA, where my responsibilities included:
- Represented the Bank of America as trustee of 200 charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts and private foundations with a value in excess of $275,000,000.
- Advised clients and their attorneys in the creation of charitable trusts.
- Working closely with portfolio managers at Bank of America, I monitored investment performance and insured that the individual trust portfolios met the guidelines for investment returns and asset allocation.
- Engaged outside legal counsel to achieve trust reformation of private foundations and charitable trusts
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor. This is a professional designation offered by the American Bankers Association following successful completion of training and testing of my knowledge in taxes, investments, financial planning, trusts and estates.
Get In Touch With Me!
Education and Certifications
- Admitted to Florida and Massachusetts Bars.
- LL.M. in Taxation from Boston University School of Law
- J.D. from Suffolk University Law School, Boston
- B.A. from University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Graduate of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy in Advanced Trial Advocacy (Fredric G. Levin College of Law, University of Florida)
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA)
- Admitted to practice before the U. S. Tax Court.
- Registered to represent clients before the Internal Revenue Service.
Served in Vietnam as field artillery forward observer with infantry companies of the 9th Infantry Division; as a General Staff Officer and the Aide-De-Camp to the Commanding General of II Force Vietnam Artillery. General Staff Officer, 82d Airborne Division, Ft. Bragg, NC. Awarded Bronze Star for Valor, Bronze Star for Meritorious Service and two Air Medals.